Foundation Skills for Social Change Certificate Programme (FSSC)
What is the FSSC Programme?
There is a high turnover of grassroots leadership in trade unions and community based organisations in a context where resources for education has diminished. The Foundation Skills for Social Change Certificate Programme (FSSC) consists of courses which build the capacity of grassroots leaders in trade unions and community organisations.
The courses are designed to be user-friendly, relevant and practical by IFWEA affiliates who have expertise in these fields. They provide course participants with theoretical and analytical skills to enhance their educational, organising and mobilising roles as grassroots leaders.
The courses below are available in the FSSC Certificate Programme, and will be run globally from 2018:
- Participatory Learning Methods: An introduction to Workers’ Education
- Women’s leadership
- Gender Equity
- Fashioning a Feminist Workplace Agenda
- Facilitating Study Circles
- Social Protection for Workers in the Informal Economy
- Raising Awareness through Theatre
Who can do the FSSC courses?
The courses in this programme are targeted towards grassroots leaders to reflect on and enhance knowledge at a foundation level. Through interaction and sharing of knowledge grassroots leaders develop foundation level knowledge and skills.
How does the programme work?
- The duration of each FSSC course is 24 hours, 6 hours are allocated to a practical exercises. The course can be taken online with other enrolled participants or run in a face to face session with participants in the same location.
- The flexibility of the course is that it can be run over a time span convenient to the participants. It can be run in any language as the course is online and much of the text can be translated by simply using google translate.
- The materials and resources can also be swopped for ones in a language that participants understand –especially when they are doing this as part of a group in an organisation.
FSSC Programme Course Certificates:
- Certificates are issued online by the IFWEA Secretariat on completion of the course, indicating that the participant has accomplished the learning objectives of the selected course and that, in the process, has contributed to the global knowledge community through their course activities.
- The certificate is therefore an acknowledgement that the participant has completed the activities required in the course and in the process has contributed to the building of a global knowledge community of worker educators through sharing their experiences and understanding on the course topic.
Contact IFWEA at email@example.com:
- If you would like it is run these courses in your organisation – online or offline.
- If you have an innovative course to offer that targets grassroots leaders, IFWEA offers financial support to design and pilot the course on the OLA.
INDIA Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) Women’s Leadership Course, and PAKISTAN Labour Education Foundation (LEF) Gender Equity Course via IFWEA’s Online Labour Academy (OLA)
NEPAL –and INDIA
CLASS NEPAL’s Educator Goma Pandey facilities Women Leadership Course in Nepal, run by SEWA in India – using the Online Labour Academy (OLA).